Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sponge Cake Challenge Part 2

I've just spent the last couple of hours prepping and making my first ever sponge cake from scratch.

Following the recipe that I had posted up in my entry Sponge Cake Challenge Part 1.  

I was worried that it wouldn't turn out properly. And with our oven being so small, I was only able to fit one cake in there so I opted to just make the one cake for now, seeing as this was a kind of a test cake. But if it does turn out good, I will make two cakes next time and have a proper sponge cake.

My ingredients I needed to make the sponge cake.

The prepared cake tin.

The mixture before going into a preheated oven 180 degrees fan forced.


After baking for 30 minutes, the cake is out of the oven. 
Cooling for 30 minutes before the final result.


I shall post the final result in another blog. I want the cake to look pretty before I post it up. 

No comments :