Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sponge Cake Challenge Part 1

When I woke up this morning, I didn't expect to have a challenge thrown at me by my boyfriend.

I had only been awake for at least 10 minutes, and went into the kitchen to make myself a mint tea when the boyfriend says to me " Wendy I have a challenge for you. I want you to make a sponge cake at some point this week. We have all of the ingredients in the fridge/pantry".  Oh and he even found a recipe for me to use.

My jaw dropped a little when he said that to me.

I have never made sponge cake before, especially from scratch. I have made box cakes before and bought the odd pre-made sponge cake. But I have never made one.

I have decided to use this challenge to my advantage and feature it on here.

I found the recipe he was talking about and saved it. I've been told that if I can make scones I can pull off a sponge cake!

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/homestyle/blogs/tried-and-tasted/how-to-make-a-perfect-sponge-cake-20111011-1li3i.html

I have included the recipe here, if you didn't want to scroll through the whole blog just to get to the recipe.

Photo taken by Sarah McInerney from the SMH Article "How to make a sponge cake"




Recipe taken from the SMH article "How to bake a sponge cake"




It does look easy, but there is technique to this cake. And the pictures make me want to make this cake sooner rather than later.

The only ingredient that I'm missing is Strawberry Jam. Which I will have to buy some tomorrow.


No comments :